Prep 30 mins
Cook 40 mins
This recipe comes from my mom-in-law's neighbor, Jean. I think it may fall into the "impossible pie" category. The original recipe called for Bisquick but I used The Master Mix (The Master Mix (Homemade Bisquick Substitute)). Serve with a green salad for brunch, lunch or supper. Leftovers keep well in the fridge for several days.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 cup fresh broccoli, coarsely chopped
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup skim milk
- 3⁄4 cup Bisquick (or Recipezaar Master Mix homemade baking mix substitute The Master Mix (Homemade Bisquick Substitute))
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried dill
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 (213 g) cans sockeye salmon, broken into small pieces
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese, grated
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Grease a 10-inch pie plate.
- In a frying pan, saute onion and broccoli in olive oil until slightly softened.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat together eggs, milk, Bisquick or Master Mix, dill weed, salt and pepper.
- Add salmon and cheese to egg mixture. Stir well.
- Add onions and broccoli to mixture. Stir well.
- Pour all into pie plate.
- Bake for 30 to 40 minutes or until a knife inserted into the quiche comes out clean. If the quiche is browning too quickly, cover with foil.
I loved this recipe. Hubby could have done without the broccoli but ate it anyways and gladly took what was leftover for his lunch. Kids loved it with ketchup.
Was looking to make a salmon dish, this one caught my eye. Not one to use Bisquick subbed with a homemade biscuit mix - worked well for me. Snipped in a genereous amount of fresh dill I had on hand which made for awesome flavor. Thank you I enjoyed. Made for Spring PAC.