Prep 20 mins
Cook 15 mins
If you like a salad with a crunch, this one is for you. My sister-in-law Jean made this for lunch years ago and gave me the recipe. I just made it again today and was reminded what a unique and delicious salad this is. I'm lazy and bought a cooked Costco chicken and boned and diced it, but home made will work too. I also used a bag of pre-packaged cole slaw cabbage and pre-packaged shredded carrots to avoid all the chopping. Enjoy
- 2 cups uncooked chicken-flavored ramen noodles (2 pkgs)
- 1⁄4 cup slivered almonds
- 1 cup sesame seeds
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 6 green onions, diced
- 1 -3 shredded carrot (I used prepacked shreds)
- 1⁄2 head red cabbage, shredded
- 1⁄2 head green cabbage, shredded
- 2 -3 cups diced cooked chicken (I use deli chicken, boned and diced)
- 1⁄2 cup salad oil
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- seasoning (packages from noodles)
- salt and pepper
- Melt butter in fry pan.
- Add noodles broken in pieces (I place them in a zip lock bag and break them up into small pieces with a rolling pin).
- Add almonds and sesame seeds.
- Saute on a medium-low heat until golden brown.
- Set aside to cool.
- Mix salad oil, sugar (I use Splenda) vinegar, soy sauce, Raman seasoning and salt and pepper.
- Set aside.
- Mix cabbage, onions, carrots,and chicken.
- Mix browned noodle mixture with cabbage mixture.
- Toss with dressing.
Oh my goodness....I don't think I could have found a better recipe for this salad. It had everything I was looking for and more. EXCELLENT combination of flavors and textures. THANK YOU FOR SHARING. This has become a requested favorite at my house.