Top Review by PSU Lioness
I cannot believe that I haven't rated this recipe yet since I've usually made it once every other week for the past 6 or 7 years! This is definitely my "go to" buffalo chicken lasagna recipe and it has never failed to please. The only thing I do differently is that I add more hot sauce (usually between 1/4 and 1/2 cup) because my family likes it spicy. I made this once for my BIL (a chef at a fine dining restaurant) and he STILL raves about it! He tried to recreate it and said it wasn't as good so I gave him the recipe and he and my sister make it once a week! Thank you for posting. This is definitely tried and true and DELICIOUS!
- 12 lasagna noodles, uncooked
- to taste vegetable oil cooking spray
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast, diced
- 4 cups low sodium spaghetti sauce
- 1 1⁄2 cups water
- 2 tablespoons hot pepper sauce, up to 3
- 2 tablespoons vinegar
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 15 ounces part-skim ricotta cheese
- 1⁄2 cup egg substitute
- 1 cup blue cheese or 1 cup mozzarella cheese, crumbled
Directions See How It's Made
- Spray a la rge skillet with cooking spray; place over medium-high heat until hot. Add chicken; saute 4 minutes.
- Drain well.
- Stir in spaghetti sauce, water, hot pepper sauce, vinegar and garlic salt. In a bowl, combine ricotta cheese and egg substitute. Set aside. Spray a 9" x 13" baking pan with spray.
- Spread 1 cup of the sauce over the bottom of the pan.
- Arrange four pieces of lasagna (3 lengthwise, 1 widthwise) over the sauce. Cover with 1 1/2 cups of the sauce. Spread half of the ricotta mixture on top.
- Arrange another four pieces of lasagna over ricotta and top with another 1 1/2 cups of sauce. Spread the remaining ricotta mixture over the top.
- Arrange final four pieces of lasagna over ricotta mixture; cover with remaining sauce. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- cover lasagna with foil and bake for 1 hour and 10 minutes.
- Uncover lasagna, sprinkle blue cheese or mozzarella cheese over the top, bake an additional 5 minute uncovered.
- let stand 15 minutes covered, before serving.