Prep 40 mins
Cook 50 mins
Guaranteed to make your jeans tight. From Pillsbury.
- 1 cup margarine or 1 cup butter, divided, softened
- 1 cup all-purpose flour or 1 cup unbleached flour
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 1⁄2 cup chocolate chips
- 1⁄2 cup nuts, chopped
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 14 ounces can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 1⁄2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Lightly spoon flour into measuring cup; level off.
- In small bowl, cut 1/2 cup margarine into flour and sugar until crumbly.
- Press in bottom of ungreased 13x9" pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 10 minutes. Cool 10 minutes.
- In large bowl, combine graham cracker crumbs, chocolate chips, nuts, baking powder, salt, and sweetened condensed milk; mix well. Spread over partially baked crust.
- Return to oven and bake 15 to 20 minutes or until golden brown. Cool completely.
- In small bowl, blend powdered sugar, remaining 1/2 cup margarine, and vanilla until creamy; spread over bars.
- Cut into 36 bars.
These bars are always a hit. I have used this recipe often and lost it for awhile. So happy to find it here.