Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 mins
I recently came across this old rercipe in my recipe files. I remember I got it from the old Rosie O'Donnell daytime show. It's a great dip. You can add more cheese if you like.
- 1 (12 ounce) jar salsa
- 1 (15 ounce) can chili, with or 1 (15 ounce) canwithout beans
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 16 ounces sour cream
- 8 ounces shredded mexican cheese (or some other cheese)
- Mix together salsa and chili in bowl.
- In a another bowl, combine sour cream and cream cheese.
- In a microwave safe bowl, layer as follows:.
- white mixture.
- red mixture.
- shredded cheese.
- Repeat layers, ending with cheese. Heat in the microwave until hot and cheese is melted. Do not mix layers.
- Serve with tortilla chips.
I made this recipe for PAC, and my husband. I do not own a microwave so I used 3 medium ramekins, baking one at 375 degrees for 18 minutes. It came out great! Very easy to put together too! My DH loved it and is thrilled there are 2 more to "get him through the weekend!"