Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
Great dish for a party, or easy meal for the family. About 20 years ago I came up with recipe while we working at our hot dog stand. Then we were catering and this was requested often. Have french bread handy, some people will make a sandwich. Make sure to pierce the sausage, the juices add such good flavor to the potatoes and veggies. And then just enjoy.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs Italian sausage (hot or sweet)
- 4 potatoes, peeled
- 2 red peppers
- 2 green peppers
- 2 medium vidalia onions (or any onion)
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons garlic salt
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- Slice potatoes and onions.
- Cut peppers into strips.
- In 9 x 13 pan, layer potatoes, onions and peppers.
- Place sausage on top of vegetables.
- Pierce sausage with fork.
- Pour olive oil overall.
- Sprinkle with garlic salt and oregano.
- Bake at 375 degrees for about 1 1/2 hours, or until potatoes are cooked. whiles baking periodically stir vegetables and sausages around to coat with pan juices.
I like the mild spices, delicious. I used uncooked bratwurst from a european deli...definitely better than precooked! I only used about 1/2 of the oil but it could have used a bit more juice. Next time I'll add a few tbsp of broth for moisture.