Recipe by bama jr.
This recipe was inspired by Alton Browns Fajita Marinade. If skirt steak is not available, any lean beef steak not more than 1/2 inch thick will do. This smells amazing on the grill.
Top Review by georgi
Yum Bama! I marinated sliced flank steak over night, minus the hot peppers, then cooked them on my grill pan. Served chopped with cheese, sour cream and recipe #212572. They were great together!
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
- 1⁄3 cup soy sauce
- 4 green onions or 1⁄2 medium onion
- 2 large garlic cloves
- 1⁄4 cup lime juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cumin
- 2 lbs skirt steaks
Directions See How It's Made
- Place all ingredients, except meat, in blender.
- Blend for 1 minute.
- Place meat in large plastic bag and pour marinade over all.
- Close top securely and make sure all meat is covered with marinade.
- Place in refrigerator for at least one hour.
- Grill on high to desired doneness, or 5-10 minutes each side.
- remove from grill and cover with aluminum foil to rest for at least 30 minutes.
- Slice thinly and mix with any juices from resting plate.
- Serve with grilled or sauted onions and bell peppers, salsa, sour cream and flour tortillas.