Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
I have not tried this recipe. I got this recipe from Jeanine's Sugar-Free Recipes. Note: This pie is largely various fruit sweeteners, so servings should be small. Diabetics and hypoglycemics may find it is too much sweetness for their body chemistry.
- 3 cups apples (4 medium)
- 1 cup raisins
- 1⁄4 cup currants (or raisins)
- 1⁄2 cup apple juice concentrate
- 1 orange
- 1⁄2 cup white grape juice concentrate
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon clove
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Pare and dice 3 cups apples into a saucepan. Add raisins, currants, and apple juice concentrate. Wash the orange thoroughly, and finely grate the peel into the apple mixture. Squeeze juice from half the orange (about 1/4 to 1/3 cup) into saucepan. Stir the mixture, and simmer covered until the apples become soft.
- Meanwhile, preheat oven to 450 degrees. When ready, add white grape juice concentrate, cinnamon, cloves, and vanilla extract.
- Either bake the pie now, or refrigerate the filling for up to 3 days, and then heat the filling before pouring it into a pie shell to bake. Bake at 450 degrees for 25-30 minutes.
- Cool to warm (not hot) before serving.