Prep 15 mins
Cook 18 mins
I have not tried this recipe. I got the recipe from here at recipezaar message boards.
Make and share this Jeanine's Sugar-Free Cherry Oat Muffins recipe from Food.com.
- 1 1⁄4 cups unbleached flour
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons baking powder
- 3⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon morton lite salt (or regular)
- 2⁄3 cup black cherry all-fruit spread
- 1⁄3 cup apple juice concentrate
- 1⁄2 cup cherry juice concentrate
- 2 1⁄2-3 tablespoons canola oil or 2 1⁄2-3 tablespoons safflower oil
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 2 egg whites or 1⁄3 cup egg white substitute
- 1 1⁄2 cups thin-rolled quick oats
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Sift together flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Set aside. In a separate bowl, lightly beat egg whites, and stir in all wet ingredients. Pour liquid mixture over dry ingredients, and mix with a fork, just until moistened. Then gently fold in oats.
- Fill muffin cups 3/4 full, and bake at 350 degrees for 18 to 23 minutes. Muffins are done when a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Let cool 10-15 minutes for non-stick removal of paper muffin cups. Serve warm or at room temperature, not refrigerated.