Prep 20 mins
Cook 50 mins
Moist spicey applesauce cake. I like frosting this cake with cream cheese frosting then sprinkle chopped pecans on top.
- 1⁄2 cup shortening
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 1⁄2 cups unsweetened applesauce
- 2 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 3⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon clove
- 1⁄2 teaspoon allspice
- 1⁄2 cup water
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Cream sugar and shortning until fluffy.
- Beat in egg, then applesauce.
- Whisk dry ingredients together.
- Add dry ingredients alternating with water.
- Pour into a greased and floured 9 x 13 pan.
- Bake for 45 to 50 minutes or until cake tests done.
- Cool on a rack.
- Frost as desired.