Recipe by ChrissyVas80
This was given to us by a sweet little old lady that lives nextdoor. She told us that her mother gave her the recipe when she was a young woman, however in her mothers recipe she made the cake batter from scratch. Jean said that she tried a prepared cake mix and felt it tasted better and was easier to do so she's been doing it this way for many years.
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup walnuts (halved)
- 1 cup pineapple tidbits (Drained, reserve juice)
- 1 (18 ounce) box yellow cake mix
Directions See How It's Made
- Follow the directions on the cake mix, except for the amount of water, you will take out the measuring cup it tells you and fill it first with pineapple juice and the rest with water, and set it aside.
- Put in a heavy skillet 1/2 cup butter and let it melt. Next sprinkle on the following ingredients:.
- 1 cup brown sugar, 1 cup walnuts, 1 cup pineapple tidbits, lastly pour the cake batter into the skillet.
- Bake at 375 for approximately 40 minutes. Caution the cake will pull away from the side of the skillet, but that's ok.
- Let set for 5 minutes. Place a large plate over the skillet and turn over so that the cake is now on the large plate. Enjoy warm with a tall cold glass of milk.