Recipe by Lennie
Posted in response to a request; while I have eaten these in a restaurant, I have never made them myself.
- 6 lbs spareribs
- 3 tablespoons butter or 3 tablespoons margarine
- 2 cups chopped onions
- 1 egg
- 3 cups dry breadcrumbs
- 1 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 1⁄2 teaspoon celery salt
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon milk (more may be needed)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- In a roasting pan, lay half the ribs in a strip.
- In a large skillet, melt butter, then add onion and saute until clear and soft.
- In a mixing bowl, beat egg, then add bread crumbs, poultry seasoning, celery salt, and salt and pepper; add sauteed onion.
- Mix, adding the 1 tbsp of milk; if it seems too dry, add more milk to moisten mixture.
- Spoon this bread stuffing over the strip of ribs, then cover with the remaining strip of ribs.
- Cover roasting pan and bake in preheated oven until ribs are tender, about 2 1/2 hours.