Prep 25 mins
Cook 1 hr 20 mins
This is an old recipe that derived from one of my comrades at Lafayette Regional Airport Fire Department, it is said to have been a old favorite with the pirates from around the New Orleans area. I would like to share it with many of my friends and family! So, here it goes! Eat and enjoy! EEeeerree!
- 1⁄2 lb skinless chicken breast
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1 lb low-sodium tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley
- 1 crushed bay leaf
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vinegar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 dash thyme
- 1⁄2 lb crabmeat
- 1⁄2 lb shrimp
- Trim excess fat from chicken breast.
- Place in a sauce pan with water and cover.
- Bring to a boil. Cover, reduce heat, and cook chicken from the bone.
- Chop meat and set aside.
- Saute onion, green pepper and garlic with 1 tsp water.
- Add flour and cook for one minute, stirring constantly.
- Add 3 1/2 cups water, chicken and remaining ingredients, except crab meat and shrimp. Cook until boiling.
- Reduce heat and simmer 30 minutes. Stirring in crab meat and shrimp.