Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
Named after the "gentleman pirate" of New Orleans, Jean Lafitte, this salad is a terrific way to recycle leftovers into something new and wonderful. This hearty salad comes from the Southern chapter of the United States Regional Cookbook, Culinary Arts Institute of Chicago, 1947. Chilling time not included in preparation time.
- 236.59 ml meat, cooked and diced (cold)
- 118.29 ml potato, cooked peeled and diced (cold)
- 118.29 ml carrot, cooked and diced (cold)
- 118.29 ml green beans, cooked (cold)
- 118.29 ml oil-and-vinegar dressing (French Dressing (Not Catalina Style), store bought or your own recipe)
- 2 sweet pickles or 2 gherkins, chopped
- 1 egg, hard cooked and chopped
- 118.29 ml mayonnaise
- Mix meat and vegetables with oil and vinegar dressing; let stand for an hour.
- Add pickles egg and mayonnaise.
- Chill and serve on a bed of lettuce leaves or mesclun.