Recipe by Heart 'N Soul
This savory salad has outstanding flavor combinations! A gal I worked with, Jean, would bring this for our pot lucks and there was never enough to go around. My husband Jeff added his name to the title (he actually leaves Jean's name out) and everyone at his work thinks he created this treasure. It is always a big hit at his work Christmas parties. I NEVER mix the dressing in until just before serving - keeping them in seperate containers ensures this salad will be at its best!
Top Review by Merlot
This great make ahead salad was a hit at our Super Bowl Party. We loved the combination of ingredients (especially the bacon and raisins) along with the dressing. We did as you suggested by making the dressing ahead of time and then adding to the brocolli at serving time. Thanks for sharing, Mary64.
- 1 bunch broccoli
- 10 slices bacon
- 1⁄4 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup golden raisin
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
Directions See How It's Made
- Remove and discard woody outer layer of broccoli stem, keeping tender inner part of stem and flowers.
- Chop broccoli into small bite-size peices, place in bowl.
- Add chopped onion and raisins to bowl, mix in.
- Fry bacon to crisp state, cool and crumble.
- Place bacon on top of broccoli mixture, do not mix in, cover and refrigerate.
- Blend mayo, sugar, and red wine vinegar.
- Refrigerate dressing.
- Blend dressing with broccoli mixture just before serving.