Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
This drink from Gourmet magazine, combines the cool taste of cucumber, with the flavors of a Bloody Mary.
- 2 large English seedless cucumbers (peeled and chopped)
- 1⁄2 cup celery (chopped)
- 1⁄3 cup lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon horseradish
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄8 teaspoon Tabasco sauce (the green kind)
- 3⁄4 cup vodka
- Purée all ingredients in a blender until very smooth, about 1 minute.
- Force through a fine-mesh sieve set into a bowl; discard any solids.
- Serve over ice in small glasses.
This was really different, but I'm gonna have to agree and stay with the REAL Mary of drinks. I did enjoy the nice twist. It was fun trying and I'm glad I did! Cheers ~V
A nice twist for a change of flavor - fresh with a nice kick from the horseradish!! I still prefer my standard spicy bloody mary for everyday but this is a fun change and I would think it would be a great on to try for a themed party sushi in the summer etc!! ;) Thank you for showing me a fun new idea Witchy!!
Mary is green with envy! This was interesting! I made 1/4 if the recipe. No, it `s not as good as a bloody Mary but it has potential. It is potent! I enjoyed the horseradish in it. I`m thinking if I had some sour cream or yogurt to add to it would have given it a nice creaminess and a level of tang! Then for a little more debt in color and flavor I would add some dill or parsley! Thanks for the afternoon almost guilt free kick!