Recipe by *Marli*
Posted for a request. This is my BF's creation & the only way I make pumpkin soup now. We usually throw all the ingredients in the pot without measuring, so these quantities are a GUESS - use as much or as little curry powder you like. For extra flavour I sometimes roast the pumpkin before adding it.
Top Review by Ingen
Delicious! This soup is hearty, filling and has just enough spice. It was the first pumpkin soup I've ever made and I thoroughly enjoyed it as did my dinner guest. It was a lot thicker than I was expecting which was great, just be warned that it has the consistency of a thick apple sauce. If you're looking for a thinner soup you might want to add more broth. Thanks Marli!
- 2 lbs pumpkin
- 1 lb potato
- 1 large onion, diced
- 1 large green bell pepper
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- 3 bay leaves
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 1 tablespoon chicken stock powder
- 1 liter water (approx)
Directions See How It's Made
- Peel& dice pumkin and potaoes roughly.
- In a large stock pot bring water to the boil, then add pumpkin, potatoes, onion, celery, bell pepper, bayleaves and thyme.
- Simmer until all the vegetables are cooked and soft.
- Add the curry powder and chicken stock powder and boil a further 10 minutes.
- Remove bay leaves and puree the soup, until there are no lumps.
- Replace bay leaves, season to taste and simmer another 15 minutes.
- Remove bay leaves before serving.
- Serve with drizzled cream or parmesan cheese.