Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
Posted for a request. This is my BF's creation & the only way I make pumpkin soup now. We usually throw all the ingredients in the pot without measuring, so these quantities are a GUESS - use as much or as little curry powder you like. For extra flavour I sometimes roast the pumpkin before adding it.
- Peel& dice pumkin and potaoes roughly.
- In a large stock pot bring water to the boil, then add pumpkin, potatoes, onion, celery, bell pepper, bayleaves and thyme.
- Simmer until all the vegetables are cooked and soft.
- Add the curry powder and chicken stock powder and boil a further 10 minutes.
- Remove bay leaves and puree the soup, until there are no lumps.
- Replace bay leaves, season to taste and simmer another 15 minutes.
- Remove bay leaves before serving.
- Serve with drizzled cream or parmesan cheese.
Delicious! This soup is hearty, filling and has just enough spice. It was the first pumpkin soup I've ever made and I thoroughly enjoyed it as did my dinner guest. It was a lot thicker than I was expecting which was great, just be warned that it has the consistency of a thick apple sauce. If you're looking for a thinner soup you might want to add more broth. Thanks Marli!
We added 2 tablespoons of blackstrap molasses and it was a nice flavor enhancer - it deepened and enriched the overall flavor of the soup.