Recipe by Justin 207
This recipe is the best. I made it when I was in the 5th grade for a Math project and they were so good.
Top Review by Color Guard Mom
Just a word of caution. Don't make the cookies with butter. I tried that and it just didn't set. Shortening is the way to go. I made these twice. The first time I used only the ingredients listed. The second time I tried butter instead of shortening and added an egg (after reading a review and not remembering if I did so before). The first way is the best - with shortening and using only the ingredients listed. I am going to make these again and hopefully they turn out just like the first time!
- 1⁄4 cup shortening or 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1⁄2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄2 cup white flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 cup quick-cooking oats
- 2 eggs
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven to 175°C or 375°F.
- Put the shortening, brown sugar and granulated sugar in a large bowl.
- Beat with an electric mixer until creamed.
- Add the eggs and the vanilla to the bowl and beat well.
- Sift Flour, Salt, and Baking Soda together in a small bowl Add the flour mixture and the oatmeal to the creamed butter and sugar.
- Mix Well.
- Spread the mixture into a greased 33cm x 22 cm x 4 cm baking pan.
- Using Potholders, Place the pan in the oven and bake for 20 minutes.
- After you take the pan out of the oven, cut into squares and remove from the pan while still warm.
- Let the bars cool. Enjoy!