We love weekend breakfasts around our house. Belgian Waffles has always been a favorite, especially for my son, JB! You will find all sorts of variations for this recipe, one of which I'm sure will suit your needs! These waffles will come out light, crisp and toast to a golden brown. We love to top ours with strawberries or blueberries, powdered sugar and whipped cream, blueberry syrup & real maple syrup!... And You didn't think weekends could get anymore special!
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 1⁄4 cups milk
- 6 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 large eggs
Suggested additions to batter
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped pecans (optional) or 1⁄2 cup walnuts (optional) or 10 tablespoons blueberries (fresh or frozen, if frozen, no need to thaw) (optional) or 5 tablespoons mini chocolate chips (optional)
- maple syrup or fruit syrup or warm fruit, compote
- fruit sauce, fresh berries or chopped fruit
- chopped nuts or powdered sugar or whipped cream
- ice cream or sorbet or chocolate syrup or fruited yogurt
- Place all ingredients in a large mixing bowl and combine until well blended.
- Allow batter to rest 5 minutes before using.
- Use in your Belgian Waffle Maker according to manufacturer's suggestion.