Prep 10 mins
Cook 6 mins
We love weekend breakfasts around our house. Belgian Waffles has always been a favorite, especially for my son, JB! You will find all sorts of variations for this recipe, one of which I'm sure will suit your needs! These waffles will come out light, crisp and toast to a golden brown. We love to top ours with strawberries or blueberries, powdered sugar and whipped cream, blueberry syrup & real maple syrup!... And You didn't think weekends could get anymore special!
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 1⁄4 cups milk
- 6 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 large eggs
Suggested additions to batter
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped pecans (optional) or 1⁄2 cup walnuts (optional) or 10 tablespoons blueberries (fresh or frozen, if frozen, no need to thaw) (optional) or 5 tablespoons mini chocolate chips (optional)
- maple syrup or fruit syrup or warm fruit, compote
- fruit sauce, fresh berries or chopped fruit
- chopped nuts or powdered sugar or whipped cream
- ice cream or sorbet or chocolate syrup or fruited yogurt
- Place all ingredients in a large mixing bowl and combine until well blended.
- Allow batter to rest 5 minutes before using.
- Use in your Belgian Waffle Maker according to manufacturer's suggestion.
Thank you Bev, for such an easy recipe! Just got a Belgian waffle iron for Xmas, and the recipes that came with it were horrible! I was going to return the thing when I decided to check 'zaar for better recipes. I came across yours, and because one of your recipes is an all time favorite of mine, I figured I could not go wrong with your waffles! They came out wonderful. I made them plain this time and got 12 waffles out of the recipe. In my waffle maker (Salton) I needed slightly less than 1/3 cup batter or they were oozing out the sides. I had to play around a bit to get the perfect amount, but once I got going they turned out wonderful. They kids had them with butter and syrup AND then had them with ice cream :) I can't wait to try them with the add-ins! Thanks a bunch!
This recipe was soooo simple. The other reviewer was correct the recipes that come with the irons are horrible and not quick. This was perfect comfort food for a cold night (it was 7 degrees when I made these!) the only thing I added was a little vanilla. Thanks for a easy and wonderful recipe! :)
We just enjoyed these for dinner and they are so good! I love that you get a beautiful crispy waffle without the pesky beating of the egg whites seperately from the other ingredients. I know that sounds lazy, but perhaps I am, just a tad. Thanks, Bev!