Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
This recipe I put together myself as I have children who refuse to eat anything that is white example ( potatoes, pasta, rice, white bread) this drives me dilly so I pulled everything out of the grocery cupboard and came up with this.To say the lest my children love this potato salad I make it often if we have a barbecue which we call a braai in Africa,our friends come to, they all have complimented me on this salad saying that it is absoultely delicous.
- 12 medium potatoes
- 3⁄4 cup sour cream
- 3⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 25 ml whole grain mustard
- 150 ml pickled capers
- 150 ml spring onions
- 150 ml sour gherkins
- 300 ml feta cheese
- Boil potatoes with the skin on ( in their jackets.).
- While the potatoes are cooking make the following dressing.
- Chop the capers, spring onions and gherkins.
- Crumble the feta cheese.
- Whisk the mayonnaise, cream, vinegar, salt and pepper together well, then stir in the whole grain mustard, chopped capers, chopped spring onions, chopped gherkins and crumbled feta cheese.
- As soon as the potatoes are cooked, skin and cut potatoes into cubes while still hot.
- Once the potatoes are skinned and cut into cubes pour the above dressing over the potatoes, chill until nice and cold.