Recipe by Crazy Granny
This sweetened butter is heavenly scooped into baked sweet potatoes. It is also nicely paired with bagels, toast, or pancakes. This was an entry in RSC #10.
Top Review by Sydney Mike
REALLY GREAT SPREAD, what with the combo of pineapple, TOASTED pecans & the raisins! Had it over thick slices of heavy, whole wheat bread, & now can't wait to try them with yams! Great, great recipe! [Made & reviewed for one of my adoptees in this Spring's Pick-A-Chef]
- 1 cup butter, softened (2 sticks)
- 1 tablespoon whipping cream
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 cup crushed pineapple, well drained and squeezed dry
- 1⁄4 cup pecans, diced
- 2 tablespoons golden raisins, minced
Directions See How It's Made
- Whip butter until creamy.
- Add whipping cream and whip until fluffy and light colored.
- Add brown sugar and cinnamon. Beat on low speed until incorporated.
- Fold in raisins, pineapple, and pecans.
- For sweet potatoes: Use a melon baller or small portioning scoop to form small balls. Place on wax paper lined baking sheet and freeze. After freezing the balls can be stored in a zip top bag. Place ball in sweet potato at time of serving.
- For breads: Spoon butter into a sealable container. Store in fridge.