Recipe by justcallmetoni
Fruit salad is one of my go to favorites to take to summer events. Light fresh and easy, you can always please a crowd. The color contrast between the tropical fruits and the bright berries will be an eye-catcher with the addition of ginger, lime and mint giving it jazzy finish that everyone will remember. Feel free to do substitutions with like fruits, such as swapping the mango with papaya.
Top Review by ellie_
Yummy fruit salad which we enjoyed! Made as directed but subbed purple grapes for the green grapes and my amounts probably differed slightly -- but this recipe is very open to adaptations depending on the season! This is also great as a topping for frozen yogurt - yummy! Made for Zaar Tag. Thanks for sharing this keeper which we will be having often this summer.
- 1 pineapple, cut into bite sized pieces
- 1 large mango, cut into bite sized pieces
- 1 1⁄2 cups baby green grapes
- 1 quart fresh strawberries, halved
- 1 cup fresh blackberries
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons gingerroot, finely minced
- 2 teaspoons of fresh mint, finely chopped