Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
Fruit salad is one of my go to favorites to take to summer events. Light fresh and easy, you can always please a crowd. The color contrast between the tropical fruits and the bright berries will be an eye-catcher with the addition of ginger, lime and mint giving it jazzy finish that everyone will remember. Feel free to do substitutions with like fruits, such as swapping the mango with papaya.
- 1 pineapple, cut into bite sized pieces
- 1 large mango, cut into bite sized pieces
- 1 1⁄2 cups baby green grapes
- 1 quart fresh strawberries, halved
- 1 cup fresh blackberries
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons gingerroot, finely minced
- 2 teaspoons of fresh mint, finely chopped
- Combine the pineapple, mango and grapes and toss with the lime juice, ginger and mint.
- Gently toss in the strawberries and blackberries.
- Chill for 2 hours before serving.
Yummy fruit salad which we enjoyed! Made as directed but subbed purple grapes for the green grapes and my amounts probably differed slightly -- but this recipe is very open to adaptations depending on the season! This is also great as a topping for frozen yogurt - yummy! Made for Zaar Tag. Thanks for sharing this keeper which we will be having often this summer.