Recipe by Jackie7757
This is a hit everywhere I go. If you like a little "heat" in your food then you will love this. this goes great with our Thanksgiving turkey and especially well with our Christmas ham. It's a staple every holiday in my family. Hope you enjoy also.
Top Review by jacqueline.paison
Excellent!!! My husband calls it "cheesey goodness". Goes on my list of things to make again and again. I've given this recipe to all my family members after Christmas. I got so many requests.
- 226.79 g box chicken rice-a-roni
- 283.49 g package frozen broccoli
- 304.75 g can cheese soup
- 236.59 ml sour cream
- 113.39 g can green chilies, chopped
- pickled jalapeno pepper (from the jar, I chop them fine and add the jalapeno juice for liquid to the casserole, now you see t)
- 354.88 ml monterey jack cheese (shredded)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350.
- In sauce pan, cook rice according to package directions.
- Cook broccoli until just tender and drain.
- In large bowl, combine rice, broccoli, soup, sour cream, green chilies, jalapeños, jalapeño juice and 1 cup of shredded cheese.
- Put mixture in a prepared casserole dish. Sprinkle top with remaining cheese. (You may want to cover with tin foil and uncover the last 5 minutes of baking).
- Bake in preheated oven for 35-45 minutes.