1/1 Photo of Jazzman Jambalaya
1 hr 15 mins
i am always looking for great vegan recipes. putting those i discovered on veganchef.com here so i do not lose them and can keep track of the nutritional information.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (8 ounce) package multigrain tempeh
- 1/4 cup olive oil, divided
- 2 tablespoons creole seasoning, divided
- 2 tablespoons tamari or 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 1/2 cups onions
- 1 cup celery, diced
- 1 cup green pepper, destemmed, deseeded, and diced
- 1 cup red pepper, destemmed, deseeded, and diced
- 1 jalapeno, destemmed, deseeded, and diced
- 1 1/2 cups basmati rice, rinsed (or other white rice)
- 2 tablespoons garlic, minced
- 2 cups vegetable stock or 2 cups water
- 2 cups tomatoes, deseeded, and diced (or 1 - 14 oz. can diced tomatoes)
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 (15 ounce) can red beans, drained, and rinsed
- 1/2 cup green onion, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup freshly chopped parsley
- 1Using your fingers, crumble the tempeh into small pieces onto a plate.
- 2In a large pot, saute the tempeh in 2 T. olive oil for 5 minutes.
- 3Sprinkle 1 T. Creole Seasoning over the tempeh and saute an additional 1 minute.
- 4Add the tamari, stir well to coat the tempeh, and continue to cook an additional 2-3 minutes or until the liquid has evaporated.
- 5Transfer the tempeh to a plate and set aside.
- 6In the same pot, saute the onion, celery, green pepper, red pepper, and jalapeno in the remaining 2 T. olive oil for 5 minutes to soften.
- 7Add the rice and garlic, stir well to combine, and continue to cook an additional 2-3 minutes or until the rice turns opaque.
- 8Add the vegetable stock, tomatoes, remaining Creole Seasoning, bay leaf, and salt, and bring the mixture to a boil.
- 9Cover, reduce the heat to low, simmer for 20-25 minutes or until the rice is tender and most of the liquid is absorbed.
- 10Remove the lid, add the reserved tempeh and remaining ingredients, stir well to combine, and recover the pot.
- 11Remove the pot from the heat and let sit for 10 minutes to allow the flavors to blend.
- 12Can be served as a side dish, main dish, or as a filling for wraps or sandwiches.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Jazzman Jambalaya
Serving Size: 1 (453 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 467.8
- Calories from Fat 136
- Total Fat 15.1 g
- Saturated Fat 2.4 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 753.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 66.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 9.2 g
- Sugars 6.2 g
- Protein 19.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included: