Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
Great salad my mother makes either hot or cold with a nice citrus dressing
- 4 -5 medium kumara, with skins on
- 3 cups broccoli florets
- 1 cup fresh finely chopped parsley
- 2 tablespoons freshly chopped mint
- 100 g marinated mussels
- 1 -2 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 -2 tablespoon oil-and-vinegar dressing or 1 -2 tablespoon homemade mayonnaise
- 1⁄4 cup freshly squeezed orange juice
- 3 tablespoons light olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- Cut kumara into generous hunks, leaving the skinds on and microwave or steam for 5- 6 minutes.
- Add broccoli and cook another 3 minutes.
- Place in a serving dish, top with parsley, mint and mussles.
- Combine garlic, vinagarette with dressing and shake well. Pour over kumara.