Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
My mother gave me the idea, by kicking the boring grilled cheese sandwich up a notch. Then I experimented by using pita bread and it is not only quick and easy but savory for when I want something light but heartier than just the everyday sandwich.
- 1 pita pocket
- 1⁄2-1 garlic clove (any size)
- 1 tablespoon margarine (enough to coat both sides of pita)
- 2 slices American cheese (any size)
- 4 slices smoked turkey breast (any size or Any kind of cheese or meats can be substituted.)
- First step is to chop garlic up finely, preferrably in a mortar until is smashed all to pieces:}.
- Then combine garlic and margarine so that it makes a garlic butter of it's own in a separate bowl (you should have alot left over for next time or additional sandwiches).
- Cut pita's in half and fill your pocket pitas as you like them.
- Coat the pita's on the outside with the garlic butter.
- Heat a pan up and grilled them to taste.
I had this idea but wasn't sure how to execute it until I found your easy instructions :) I spread goat cheese on the bottom of the pita and topped it with heirloom tomatoes and then gilled it the way you said. The result was delicious! Thank you!