Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
My mother gave me the idea, by kicking the boring grilled cheese sandwich up a notch. Then I experimented by using pita bread and it is not only quick and easy but savory for when I want something light but heartier than just the everyday sandwich.
- First step is to chop garlic up finely, preferrably in a mortar until is smashed all to pieces:}.
- Then combine garlic and margarine so that it makes a garlic butter of it's own in a separate bowl (you should have alot left over for next time or additional sandwiches).
- Cut pita's in half and fill your pocket pitas as you like them.
- Coat the pita's on the outside with the garlic butter.
- Heat a pan up and grilled them to taste.