chef FIFI's Note:
My mother gave me the idea, by kicking the boring grilled cheese sandwich up a notch. Then I experimented by using pita bread and it is not only quick and easy but savory for when I want something light but heartier than just the everyday sandwich.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1First step is to chop garlic up finely, preferrably in a mortar until is smashed all to pieces:}.
- 2Then combine garlic and margarine so that it makes a garlic butter of it's own in a separate bowl (you should have alot left over for next time or additional sandwiches).
- 3Cut pita's in half and fill your pocket pitas as you like them.
- 4Coat the pita's on the outside with the garlic butter.
- 5Heat a pan up and grilled them to taste.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Jazzed up Grilled Cheese and Turkey Pita
Serving Size: 1 (108 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 515.7
- Calories from Fat 209
- Total Fat 23.2 g
- Saturated Fat 8.8 g
- Cholesterol 80.9 mg
- Sodium 2164.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 39.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.3 g
- Sugars 0.8 g
- Protein 37.4 g