Recipe by momofknt
I bought a bunch of frozen vegetable bags for free with a coupon. Problem was that we don't really care for frozen vegetables. So, I had to get creative with ways to jazz it up. I like green beans and bacon, so I looked at a few recipes, then made up my own. It was excellent; we went back for seconds!
Top Review by bmcnichol
I liked these but no one else did in my family. We are not fans of frozen green beans but I had a bag in the freezer so made this as written. I only used one teaspoon of onion powder though.
- 1 (12 ounce) package frozen green beans
- 6 slices bacon, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1 cup chicken broth or 1 cup water, and chicken bullion equivalent
- 1 -2 teaspoon onion powder
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook frozen green beans according to package directions, using the lowest time given.
- In a large skillet, fry bacon until desired doneness. Drain on paper towel and return to skillet.
- Add cooked green beans, chicken broth, and onion powder to the skillet. Stir to combine.
- Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium and cook for ten minutes or until most of the liquid is evaporated, stirring occasionally.