Recipe by Rita~
Fat Tuesday is today the first day of Dining on a Dollar And what better way then to enjoy is with a no cook meal made with my twist on a Remoulade sauce. Lent starting the day after making this is a good dish for abstinence from meat. Then when the days get hot its a cooling, refreshing eats! Enjoy the salad over a beg of greens, stuffed in an avocado or on Muffuletta or Baguette. If you double the dressing add a pound of cook pasta for a delish pasta salad. Try crab meat, or canned salmon or crawfish.
Top Review by Susie D
I used with shrimp and flaked crab. I fine chopped everything as directed because they were listed as part of the dressing. The next time I make this I leave the veggies slightly chunky and add with the seafood. I used dill relish & served on leaf lettuce with slices of avocado. The sauce is EXCELLENT and could be used on many things! I think it would even be good as a dipping sauce for crab cakes, salmon patties or on a pasta salad. It's well balanced, was a creative use of contest ingredients so GREAT JOB!
- 3 -4 cups cooked shrimp (defrosted drained deveined, try also crabmeat, canned salmon, tuna even crawfish)
- 1⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄4 cup ketchup
- 1 tablespoon ponzu sauce
- 2 tablespoons relish or 2 tablespoons minced gherkins
- 1 sliced celery ribs or 1⁄2 cup sliced celery rib
- 1⁄4 cup green bell pepper, chopped fine (I mixed green and red bells)
- 2 green onions or 2 tablespoons green onions (white and green) or 2 scallions, sliced or 2 tablespoons sliced scallions (white and green)
- 1 large red radish, grated
- 1 garlic clove, grated
- 1 teaspoon horseradish
- 1 teaspoon mustard (creole or stone ground is best)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon celery seed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄4 teaspoon creole seasoning (more or less to taste)
- 4 -6 drops hot pepper sauce, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- Place all the Remoulade Sauce ingredients in a bowl and mix to combine well. Taste and adjust seasoning to your likings.
- Add the shrimp and stir to coat.
- Chill for 2 hour for flavors to meld.
- Plate over greens, stuff into half an avocado,(my Favorite) or into a Baguette.
- FYI: If you don`t enjoy a chunky salad like sauce by all means blend it for a smooth dressing.