1/4 Photos of Jazzed up Creole Shrimp Salad
Fat Tuesday is today the first day of Dining on a Dollar And what better way then to enjoy is with a no cook meal made with my twist on a Remoulade sauce. Lent starting the day after making this is a good dish for abstinence from meat. Then when the days get hot its a cooling, refreshing eats! Enjoy the salad over a beg of greens, stuffed in an avocado or on Muffuletta or Baguette. If you double the dressing add a pound of cook pasta for a delish pasta salad. Try crab meat, or canned salmon or crawfish.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 -4 cups cooked shrimp (defrosted drained deveined, try also crabmeat, canned salmon, tuna even crawfish)
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 1 tablespoon ponzu sauce
- 2 tablespoons relish or 2 tablespoons minced gherkins
- 1 sliced celery ribs or 1/2 cup sliced celery rib
- 1/4 cup green bell pepper, chopped fine (I mixed green and red bells)
- 2 green onions or 2 tablespoons green onions (white and green) or 2 scallions, sliced or 2 tablespoons sliced scallions (white and green)
- 1 large red radish, grated
- 1 garlic clove, grated
- 1 teaspoon horseradish
- 1 teaspoon mustard (creole or stone ground is best)
- 1/4 teaspoon celery seed
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon creole seasoning (more or less to taste)
- 4 -6 drops hot pepper sauce, to taste
- 1Place all the Remoulade Sauce ingredients in a bowl and mix to combine well. Taste and adjust seasoning to your likings.
- 2Add the shrimp and stir to coat.
- 3Chill for 2 hour for flavors to meld.
- 4Plate over greens, stuff into half an avocado,(my Favorite) or into a Baguette.
- 6FYI: If you don`t enjoy a chunky salad like sauce by all means blend it for a smooth dressing.
Browse Our Top North American Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Jazzed up Creole Shrimp Salad
Serving Size: 1 (61 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 91.7
- Calories from Fat 46
- Total Fat 5.1 g
- Saturated Fat 0.7 g
- Cholesterol 3.8 mg
- Sodium 371.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 11.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.8 g
- Sugars 7.3 g
- Protein 0.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included: