Prep 15 mins
Cook 17 mins
it is sooo yummy. warning though, don't eat if you are going someplace afterwards, because of all of the garlic in it. I can't take the credit for this, it is from Rachel Ray's 30 Minute Meals, but I just want to share it
- 1⁄4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 5 -8 garlic cloves, finely chopped (depending on your taste)
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 tablespoon McCormick's Montreal Brand steak seasoning
- 1 large head broccoli, cut into thin, long spears
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Place extra-virgin olive oil, garlic, chili powder and grill seasoning in the bottom of a large bowl.
- add the broccoli spears.
- Toss to coat broccoli evenly.
- transfer to a large nonstick baking sheet. Roast the broccoli until ends are crisp and brown and stalks are tender, 17 to 20 minutes.
- I always make more than is called for.
- *Even if making the amount called for, more olive oil is usually needed.
We weren't thrilled with this. The chili powder and steak seasoning really dominated the broccoli and were quite overpowering. We like things with spice, but this just didn't mesh for us.
This is a good, spicy side dish. I know my kids won't eat it, but I definately will as my tastes are more towards the spicier dishes. It is healthy and easy to make.