1/1 Photo of Jazzed Up Beans & Weiners with Fried Potatoes
4 hrs 20 mins
This is a simple, no fuss meal that starts with inexpensive, commonly found ingredients. This dish is popular with kids, and yet it satisfies the "meat and potatoes" man. You can also use canned sliced potatoes, which cuts down the cooking time quite considerably, but I prefer to use fresh. Make extra potatoes to heat up for breakfast with your eggs...yummy!!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 10 -12 potatoes, peeled and sliced into coins
- 1 small onion, sliced into rings,and seperated
- 4 tablespoons butter or 4 tablespoons margarine
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt (or more to taste)
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1In electric skillet or large frying pan, melt butter and add onions.
- 2Add potatoes and seasonings, and combine well.
- 3Cover, and cook on low heat for 3-4 hours, turning occasionally.
- 4In medium saucepan, combine beans, ketchup, brown sugar, mustard, onion, salt and peppper, and sliced hot dogs.
- 5Bring to boil, then reduce heat and simmer uncovered for 10 min.
- 6,or until heated through.
Browse Our Top Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Jazzed Up Beans & Weiners with Fried Potatoes
Serving Size: 1 (601 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1031.9
- Calories from Fat 292
- Total Fat 32.5 g
- Saturated Fat 15.4 g
- Cholesterol 76.9 mg
- Sodium 2262.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 163.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 25.5 g
- Sugars 24.0 g
- Protein 30.3 g