Prep 15 mins
Cook 5 mins
6 different ways to jazz up a box of mac & cheese. I found this recipe in Woman's World. I thought this is very simple easy to make and super fast! So far I've only made the Meatlovers Special Supper and I forgot the added salami or pepperoni.
- Prepare macaroni and cheese as directed. Then mix in one of the following.
- Meat Lovers' Special Supper: Mix in frozen mini meatballs (cooked according to package directions), diced salami or pepperoni and a dash of hot sauce. (I added 16 mini meatballs).
- Tasty Tuna: Stir in drained tuna and frozen peas (thawed); top with canned french fried onions. Bake until hot.
- Smoky Peppers: Toss in a jar of drained, chopped roasted red peppers, some shredded provolone cheese and a pinch of garlic powder.
- Zesty Bacon: Mix in cooked crumbled bacon and canned fire roasted diced tomatoes (drained); heat through. Before serving, sprinkle with thinly sliced fresh basil.
- Taco Mac: Saute ground beef with a couple of spoonfuls of chili powder until browned; stir into macaroni and cheese with a little salsa. Serve topped with crushed tortilla chips.
- Chicken Divan: Stir in chopped rotisserie chicken, frozen broccoli florets (thawed) and a little dijon or honey mustard; heat through.
First I have to say, I'm very pleased to be the first to rate this recipe. This recipe was made for mine and SO's dinner on 12/18/09. And I'm sorry I waited till now to rate it. I made the first variation of this recipe, and just like you I too left out the pepperoni :). To give a bit more color, the meatballs were browned in a bit of vegetable oil. But we both thought that it tasted just fine as it was. This will be made again. Thank you for posting and, " Keep Smiling :) "