Prep 20 mins
Cook 8 hrs
The crockpot is essential for meal preparation during our annual festival. It saves me time and it feeds my guests.
- 2 1⁄2-3 lbs pork chops, 1/2 inch thick (about six)
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 3 tablespoons dried parsley
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 1⁄2 cups onions, sliced
- 16 ounces mushrooms, sliced
- 10 3⁄4 ounces cream of mushroom soup (one can)
- 10 3⁄4 ounces white wine
- 5 ounces dry sherry
- 3 tablespoons fresh marjoram
- 2 teaspoons dried thyme
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 3 tablespoons heavy cream
- Make a mixture of salt, paprika, parsley and garlic powder.
- Dust chops with mixture and set aside.
- Whisk soup, wine sherry, thyme, marjoram, and flour together, getting out the lumps and set aside.
- Place two chops on the bottom, cover with 1/3 of the onions and mushrooms, then repeat the layers finishing with the mushrooms.
- Cover with liquid mixture and cook on low for 8 hours.
- After eight hours everything will be extremely tender. If there are bones, remove them.
- Add cream and serve over noodles (or rice).
- It should be noted that this is not a dish suitable for freezing and reheating.