Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Jay's Zero Cholesterol Light Muffins are lighter than the traditional heavy bran muffins, and much more pleasant to eat.
- 1 cup oat bran
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 cup skim milk
- 1⁄2 cup banana, mashed and ripe
- 1⁄2 cup raisins or 1⁄2 cup apricots (chopped) or 1⁄2 cup dates or 1⁄2 cup prunes or 1⁄2 cup nuts (chopped)
- 1⁄4 cup canola oil (100% cholesterol free)
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 1 egg white
- Pre-Heat oven to 400 degrees.
- Line 12 muffin cups with paper baking cups. Combine bran, flour, baking powder, cinnamon and sugar in one bowl.
- Combine remaining wet ingredients ie milk, banana, chopped fruit, oil, egg white in another bowl.
- Mix dry and wet together, and turn over ingredients lightly just until dry ingredients are moistened.
- Do not stir or beat vigorously.
- Fill prepared muffin cups 3/4 full.
- Bake 20 to 25 minutes or until golden brown.
yummy! Very nice texture.
These muffins are excellent - light and very tasty. I will make them again. Everybody loved them, they were gone in no time at all. Thank you for such great and healthy recipe!