Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
Jay's Zero Cholesterol Light Muffins are lighter than the traditional heavy bran muffins, and much more pleasant to eat.
- 1 cup oat bran
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 cup skim milk
- 1⁄2 cup banana, mashed and ripe
- 1⁄2 cup raisins or 1⁄2 cup apricots (chopped) or 1⁄2 cup dates or 1⁄2 cup prunes or 1⁄2 cup nuts (chopped)
- 1⁄4 cup canola oil (100% cholesterol free)
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 1 egg white
- Pre-Heat oven to 400 degrees.
- Line 12 muffin cups with paper baking cups. Combine bran, flour, baking powder, cinnamon and sugar in one bowl.
- Combine remaining wet ingredients ie milk, banana, chopped fruit, oil, egg white in another bowl.
- Mix dry and wet together, and turn over ingredients lightly just until dry ingredients are moistened.
- Do not stir or beat vigorously.
- Fill prepared muffin cups 3/4 full.
- Bake 20 to 25 minutes or until golden brown.
yummy! Very nice texture.
These muffins are excellent - light and very tasty. I will make them again. Everybody loved them, they were gone in no time at all. Thank you for such great and healthy recipe!