Recipe by Jaymanthepoet
This recipe was found in an old cookbook title "Cooking With Pioneers", published in Tennessee. Very easy cookie recipe made with easily found ingredients. Recipe says it makes 6 dozen, but I got about 40 cookies out of it.
Top Review by Brenda.
I loved these cookies! Mine flattened out like a pancake, but I can alter that next time. They have a crispy crunch and yet are chewey. I was craving something sweet and this was it! Thanks for sharing Jay, I'll make these again for sure! *Made for PAC Spring 2008*
- 1 cup Butter Flavor Crisco
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 cups quick-cooking oats
- 6 ounces milk chocolate chips
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix sugars, salt, baking soda and all-purpose flour in a mixing bowl.
- Add eggs, mix in well.
- Add shortening, and mix well.
- Add oats and chocolate chips, mix well.
- Shape dough into 1" balls and place on ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake in preheated 375° oven for 8-10 minutes.