Prep 5 mins
Cook 8 mins
This recipe was found in an old cookbook title "Cooking With Pioneers", published in Tennessee. Very easy cookie recipe made with easily found ingredients. Recipe says it makes 6 dozen, but I got about 40 cookies out of it.
- 1 cup Butter Flavor Crisco
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 cups quick-cooking oats
- 6 ounces milk chocolate chips
- Mix sugars, salt, baking soda and all-purpose flour in a mixing bowl.
- Add eggs, mix in well.
- Add shortening, and mix well.
- Add oats and chocolate chips, mix well.
- Shape dough into 1" balls and place on ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake in preheated 375° oven for 8-10 minutes.
I loved these cookies! Mine flattened out like a pancake, but I can alter that next time. They have a crispy crunch and yet are chewey. I was craving something sweet and this was it! Thanks for sharing Jay, I'll make these again for sure! *Made for PAC Spring 2008*