Recipe by Jaymanthepoet
Deliciously Simple Apple Pie with a twist. This recipe also marked my first attempt at creating my own crust
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2⁄3 cup Butter Flavor Crisco
- 1⁄3 cup ice water
- 1 (12 ounce) can baking apples
- 3 tablespoons apricot preserves
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 4 tablespoons melted butter
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix salt, 2/3 cup Crisco and 2 cups of all-purpose flour in a mixing bowl.
- Cut in Crisco Shortening, and mix well.
- Slowly add 1/3 cup water as you stir. This mixture will appear flakey as it comes together. This will be your crust.
- Roll out dough to 1/4 inch thick. Using a butter knife, cut in half.
- Place half in the bottom of your pie pan.
- Take the bottom five ingredients and mix together well.
- Pour into pie crust.
- Take the other half of your crust and cut into 1/2 inch strips.
- Lay these strips in a criss-cross fashion over the topping.
- Bake in a preheated 450 degree oven for 15 minutes, then reduce heat to 300 degrees and continue cooking for another 25 minutes.
- Take out of oven and let stand one hour.then refrigerate.