Jayne likes his noodles easy and fast. This is about as fancy as he gets when making them. Just a bit sweet and spicy… if he’s being uncharacteristically generous and sharing them with someone else, he might leave out the cayenne. (Inspired by Joss Whedon’s television show “Firefly” and movie “Serenity.”)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/4 lb udon noodles
- water, for boiling
- 1/4 cup chicken broth (see note below)
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger, to taste (see note below)
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce, to taste
- 2 tablespoons smooth low-sugar peanut butter
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh onion
- 2 teaspoons honey, to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne, to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon granulated garlic, to taste (see note below)
- 2 tablespoons chopped green onions, for garnish
- 2 tablespoons chopped roasted peanuts, for garnish
- 1In a large pot of boiling water, cook noodles according to packages directions.
- 2When noodles are almost done cooking, in a saucepan combine the broth, ginger, soy sauce, peanut butter, fresh yellow or white onion, honey, cayenne, and garlic, and cook over medium heat until the peanut butter melts, stirring occasionally. Reduce heat to low.
- 3When noodles are done and drained well, add them to the saucepan and toss to coat.
- 4Put on plates or in bowls and garnish with green onions and peanuts.
- 5Makes 1 Jayne-sized serving, or 2 regular size servings.
- 6Note: you can use more broth to get the sauce to the consistency you prefer. You can also use fresh ginger and minced fresh garlic if you have them available. Red pepper flakes are also a good addition!
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Jayne’s Peanut Butter Noodles
Serving Size: 1 (126 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 321.8
- Calories from Fat 68
- Total Fat 7.6 g
- Saturated Fat 1.1 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 1759.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 52.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.0 g
- Sugars 6.7 g
- Protein 11.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
low-sugar peanut butter