Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
5-Ingredient Fix Contest Entry.This gnocchi is tender and tasty! Simply potato mashed potatoes makes the perfect meal mixed when combined with just four simple ingredients. Trust me, this gnocchi is very easy and delicious. Your family will think you have had private lessons from the chef.
- 1 (24 ounce) bag Simply Potatoes Traditional Mashed Potatoes
- 2 cups flour
- 1 egg, beaten
- 3 (1 ounce) Land O Lakes garlic and herb saute express squares
- 1 (24 ounce) canhunt's italian sausage spaghetti sauce
- Combine pasta sauce and 1 land o lakes garlic and herb sauté express square in a medium pot and cook on medium heat for 10 minutes stirring occasionally. Turn heat down and continue to cook while preparing pasta.
- In a large bowl or on counter top add potatoes and make a small well in the center of the potatoes. Set 1/4 cup of flour to the side for rolling the gnocchi. Add 1 3/4 cup of the flour and beaten egg to the well while folding the potatoes into the egg and flour well with both hands until dough forms.
- After mixture is incorporated knead for 2 minutes and dust counter with flour. Turn dough out onto counter and knead for another minute or two. Roll gnocchi out on counter into long strips and cut into 1/2 inch pieces. Drop pasta into boiling water for about 3-4 minutes or until pasta begins to float atop water.
- Once pasta is ready add remaining land o lakes squares to a medium saute pan or skillet and heat for 1 minute Add cooked pasta and cook for 1 minute then add sauce or and cook for 5 minutes. You can also add the sauce to the pasta after plating.
Excellent dish! Easy to make, and tastes like a real chef made it haha. Nice work!
I noticed this recipe after printing out the chorizo smothered potatoes(You must try) and made I made this for dinner. I love simply potatoes, Italian sausage and gnocchi. What a quick fix. Hats off to the chef.
Tried this recipe it was quick and delisous. I love susage and potatoes togather.Have never had Gnocchi before it was good!!!!