Top Review by Marita Romine
Awesome, easy to make and it tasted delicious. I made the paste and marinated the shrimp in it for several hours, then put on skewers and grilled it, did not need more sauce on the side. This and pina colada is all you need for a great meal.
- 1 cup sweetened flaked coconut
- 6 serrano peppers, seeded,deveined,chopped
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons anchovy paste
- 2 cloves garlic
- 5 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 lb shrimp, peeled and deveined
Directions See How It's Made
- In a food processor, whirl cocount, chilies, anchovy paste, garlic, and lime juice until coconut and chilies are minced; scrape container sides frequently.
- Rinse and drain shrimp.
- Thread onto 4 flat metal skewers (10 to 14 in.) Brush shrimp with paste.
- Be sure to reserve some for serving.
- Place shrimp on a BBQ grill over a solid bed of medium-hot coals or on a gas grill set at medium hot (can hold hand at grill level for no more than 3 seconds); close lid on grill.
- Cook shrimp, turning once, until bright pink but still moist (about 2 minutes a side).
- Serve with reserved sambal paste.