Recipe by yooper
This salmon dish is amazing! I was invited for dinner the other night and this was the main course. The red pepper flakes give off plenty of heat, but it's nicely balanced by the brown sugar and other ingredients. The sauce is heavenly!I asked for the recipe, and my host said she got it out of the latest issue of "Bon Apetit" which I had sitting on my coffee table! This comes from the "Saucebox" restaurant in Portland, Oregon.
Top Review by Sackville
If you can have love at first bite than this has to be it for salmon fans! Our family loves salmon and this was a unique way to serve it. A little tangy, a little spicy, a little sweet. We ate it with mashed potatoes and a generous grinding of black pepper.
- 118.29 ml unsalted butter, plus
- 44.37 ml unsalted butter, divided
- 4.92 ml dry crushed red pepper
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 118.29 ml packed golden brown sugar
- 118.29 ml fresh lime juice
- 118.29 ml soy sauce
- 9.85 ml cornstarch, dissolved in
- 9.85 ml water
- 8 (1587.57 g) salmon fillets
- 2 (340.19 g) bag Baby Spinach
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400.
- Melt 1/2 cup butter in heavy large saucepan over medium heat.
- Add crushed red pepper and garlic and stir until fragrant, about 1 minute.
- Add sugar, whisk until mixture is melted and smooth and begins to bubble, about 4 minutes.
- Whisk in lime juice and soy sauce.
- Increase heat and boil until reduced to 1 1/2 cups, about 2 minutes.
- Add cornstarch mixture and boil until thick, about 3 minutes.
- Set sauce aside.
- Melt 1 tablespoon butter in heavy large skillet over high heat.
- Working in batches, cook salmon until golden brown, about 2 minutes per side.
- Transfer to baking sheet.
- Spoon 1 tablespoon sauce over each fillet.
- Roast until fish is opaque in center, about 5 minutes.
- Melt remaining 2 tablespoons butter in large pot over medium-high heat.
- Add spinach and toss until wilted but still bright green, about 3 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Using tongs, divide spinach among 8 plates.
- Top each with salmon fillet, drizzle with remaining sauce and serve.