1/2 Photos of Javanese Roasted Salmon and Wilted Spinach
This salmon dish is amazing! I was invited for dinner the other night and this was the main course. The red pepper flakes give off plenty of heat, but it's nicely balanced by the brown sugar and other ingredients. The sauce is heavenly!I asked for the recipe, and my host said she got it out of the latest issue of "Bon Apetit" which I had sitting on my coffee table! This comes from the "Saucebox" restaurant in Portland, Oregon.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, plus
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, divided
- 1 teaspoon dry crushed red pepper
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 cup packed golden brown sugar
- 1/2 cup fresh lime juice
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch, dissolved in
- 2 teaspoons water
- 8 (7 ounce) salmon fillets
- 2 (6 ounce) bags Baby Spinach
- 1Preheat oven to 400.
- 2Melt 1/2 cup butter in heavy large saucepan over medium heat.
- 3Add crushed red pepper and garlic and stir until fragrant, about 1 minute.
- 4Add sugar, whisk until mixture is melted and smooth and begins to bubble, about 4 minutes.
- 5Whisk in lime juice and soy sauce.
- 6Increase heat and boil until reduced to 1 1/2 cups, about 2 minutes.
- 7Add cornstarch mixture and boil until thick, about 3 minutes.
- 8Set sauce aside.
- 9Melt 1 tablespoon butter in heavy large skillet over high heat.
- 10Working in batches, cook salmon until golden brown, about 2 minutes per side.
- 11Transfer to baking sheet.
- 12Spoon 1 tablespoon sauce over each fillet.
- 13Roast until fish is opaque in center, about 5 minutes.
- 14Melt remaining 2 tablespoons butter in large pot over medium-high heat.
- 15Add spinach and toss until wilted but still bright green, about 3 minutes.
- 16Season with salt and pepper.
- 17Using tongs, divide spinach among 8 plates.
- 18Top each with salmon fillet, drizzle with remaining sauce and serve.
Browse Our Top Saltwater Fish Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Saltwater Fish Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Javanese Roasted Salmon and Wilted Spinach
Serving Size: 1 (303 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 451.5
- Calories from Fat 222
- Total Fat 24.6 g
- Saturated Fat 11.6 g
- Cholesterol 132.2 mg
- Sodium 1191.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 13.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.1 g
- Sugars 9.5 g
- Protein 43.6 g