48 hrs 30 mins
This barbecued pork tenderloin is a mouthful of flavor! Although some pre-planning is needed to make this, it is a very easy recipe that will knock your socks off! Don't be alarmed by the number of ingredients in the marinade. You'll have this put together in a matter of a few minutes.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/4 cup kosher salt
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup lukewarm water
- 2 cups pineapple juice
- 2 (3/4 lb) pork tenderloin, trimmed
- 1/2 cup chunky peanut butter
- 1/4 cup sake
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons peanut oil
- 2 tablespoons thai chili paste
- 2 tablespoons sriracha chili sauce
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons fresh gingerroot, peeled, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup green onion, finely chopped
- 1Brine: Dissolve the salt and brown sugar in the 1 cup of lukewarm water. Pour into a large resealable plastic bag. Add the pineapple juice. (You could also use applejuice).
- 2Place pork in bag, seal, and refrigerate overnight.
- 3Drain pork, rinse well, pat dry. Discard brine and resealable bag. Put pork aside while making the marinade.
- 4Marinade: In a small, microwavable bowl, combine all marinade ingredients. Microwave for 30 seconds to 1 minute to melt peanut butter; mix thoroughly.
- 5Reserve 1/2 cup to 3/4 cup of this peanut sauce to serve alongside the barbecued pork loin; refrigerate until ready to use.
- 6Pour remaining sauce into a new resealable plastic bag. Add the rinsed and dried pork loin. Make sure to squish the bag around to fully coat the pork.
- 7Refrigerate overnight. (I have let this sit up to 2 days - the longer you can let it marinate, the better it gets.).
- 8Preheat barbecue grill to medium high heat.
- 9Take pork out of the marinade and let it sit at room temperature for about 20 minutes.
- 10Pour the marinade into small saucepan and bring to a boil. Boil at least 3 minutes. If sauce gets too thick, thin with a little milk.
- 11Lightly oil grill grate, and arrange tenderloins on grill. When pork reaches 125 degrees F., baste with the boiled marinade. Watch pork carefully after basting so that it doesn't burn. Baste frequently and generously and use BBQ spatula to roll the pork around to cook evenly. Grill pork until the internal temperature reaches 155 degrees F. This should take about 15 minute or so. Pull the pork off the grill and let sit for 5 minutes before slicing into 1/2" thick rounds.
- 12Warm the reserved sauce in the microwave, and place a dollop of the sauce on each plate. Place pork slices on top of sauce and serve.
- 13Serve with Udon noodles dressed with sesame seed oil and soy sauce.
Browse Our Top Pork Loins Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pork Loins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Javanese Pork Tenderloin
Serving Size: 1 (240 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 336.8
- Calories from Fat 145
- Total Fat 16.1 g
- Saturated Fat 3.4 g
- Cholesterol 56.1 mg
- Sodium 3970.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 24.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.8 g
- Sugars 19.1 g
- Protein 22.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
white wine vinegar
thai chili paste