Prep 5 mins
Cook 3 mins
Great sauce for chicken or pork, but also for topping sauteed chicory, celery etc.
- 1 small onion, chopped (1/4 cup)
- 2 tablespoons peanut oil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cardamom
- 1⁄2 cup smooth peanut butter
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1⁄4 cup soy sauce
- 1⁄4 cup lemon juice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon liquid red pepper seasoning
- Saute onion in the peanut or vegetable oil just until soft, in a small frying pan; stir in the cardamom.
- Blend peanut butter with brown sugar in a small bowl; stir in the remaining ingredients, then stir in the cooled onion mixture.
- Let stand at room temperature until serving time.
Made this to go with Fondue. What a great sauce! It was excellent with Chicken, Pork as well as the beef. Will definitely be making this again, and again and again!