Recipe by Brian Holley
This is one of the simplest curries I know. The use of saffron gives a smooth flavour.
- 2 teaspoons ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon red chile, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon saffron
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 lbs lamb, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 cup vinegar
- 1 cup water
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix all of the spices with the salt, chilli and garlic.
- Rub the spice mixture into the meat using your hands, place the meat in a non-metalic bowl and add the vinegar. Allow to marinate for 1 hour.
- Drain the vinegar from the meat and discard it.
- Heat the oil in a pan, fry the meat and brown on all sides.
- Add the water simmer on low heat for 45 minutes.