Prep 15 mins
Cook 5 mins
A wonderful rub for beef. Especially for quality steaks. I have given this as Christmas gifts. Either in 1/4 or 1/3 cup jars each.
- 6 tablespoons fine ground espresso coffee
- 2 tablespoons kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons spanish sweet paprika (or smoky)
- 2 teaspoons fresh coarse ground black pepper
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons onion powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon unsweetened cocoa powder (quality cocoa)
- Combine all ingredients.
- Store in an airtight jar away from heat and light.
- Will keep up to 6 months.
- Use 2-3 teaspoons per pound of meat.
- For extra flavor, toast whole peppercorns, cumin & coriander seeds then grind them yourself.
I used this on a Brisket, and it was great. Just the aroma alone is outstanding! Will be using many times again. Thank you for posting this here.