Prep 24 hrs
Cook 50 mins
A funky yet elegant roast.
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup salt
- 1 gallon warm water
- 3 lbs boneless pork loin roast
- fresh cracked pepper (to taste)
- olive oil (as needed)
- 1⁄2 cup brewed espresso
- 1⁄4 cup heavy cream
- 1⁄4 cup tawny port
- Combine the sugar, salt and water until completetly dissolved. Let cool.
- Add pork. Cover. Chill 24 hours.
- Heat oven 350.
- Drain pork. Season with pepper.
- Heat a little oil in a dutch oven.
- Add pork. Brown on all sides. Cover. Roast in oven 10 minutes.
- Combine the espress, cream and port.
- Pour over pork. Uncover. Roast 40 minutes, basting often.
- Remove pork to a platter.
- Reduce pan juices by half. Serve with pork.