Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
My hubby and daughter are addicted to these things, so I tried to find out how to make them at home. Couldn't find on 'zaar but found elsewhere on the web, so posting here for safe keeping (and easy find!). Edited to add -- you will want to add some milk or cream to this in order to make it creamy (unless you just want a pure coffee drink!). In our house we add milk, cream, or even a touch of vanilla ice cream -- depending on what we have.
- 4 tablespoons chocolate syrup
- 4 tablespoons chocolate chips
- 4 cups double-strength freshly brewed dark roast coffee
- ice, crushed
- whipped cream (optional)
- chocolate syrup (for drizzle) (optional)
- Fill blender half full with chopped or crushed ice.
- Add all ingredients (except whipped cream) and blend until thick and still icy.
- Pour into 4 tall glasses, top with whipping cream and drizzle chocolate over the whipped cream.
Yum! The perfect Friday afternoon pick-me-up! I used fresh brewed espresso, added some cream and a little more chocolate to the blend. I don't usually add sugar to my coffee and even with the extra syrup this wasn't very sweet, which I really appreciated. Made for Best of 2010 Tag
This was good. I made as directed, but used sugar free chocolate syrup, peppermint coffee (triple strength), peppermint flavored Coffee Mate and left off the whipped cream. Thanks for posting! Made for I Recommend Tag Game.
My 17 yo DS just loves these at Starbucks, so I thought I would try these at home. I made 1 serving and it was very good, but feel it needs sugar or a sweetner in order to come closer to the real version. I will make this again and just add sugar/sweetner and think DS will be one happy camper!! Thanks for sharing the recipe. Made for Potluck.