Recipe by FLUFFSTER
I found this on the net, and although I'm not a big fan of bourbon, I tried this and it's really neat! I fixed a big Porterhouse steak, for hubby and me, and it really was great. You could pair it with just about anything. Be aware that this recipe contains alcohol, so you might want to leave that out, or sub. a little more whipping cream, or perhaps a broth of some sort.
Top Review by swissms
Good served with grilled steak or pork tenderloin. I usually add a few tablespoons cream cheese and reduce the cream to make a thicker sauce. Published in Bon Appetit, September 2004.
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1 cup shallot, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 large red bell pepper, coarsely chopped
- 3 cups fresh corn kernels
- 2⁄3 cup whipping cream, divided
- 1⁄4 cup Bourbon, divided
- 1 1⁄4 cups green onions, chopped, divided
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt butter in heavy large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add shallots and garlic; saute 2 minutes.
- Add red bell pepper; saute 1 minute.
- Add corn, saute until almost tender, about 2 minutes.
- Add 1/3 cup cream and bourbon.
- Simmer until sauce thickly coats the corn, stirring occasionally, about 2 minutes.
- Add remaining 1/3 cup cream and one cup green onions.
- Simmer until sauce thickens enough to coat corn thinly, about 2 minutes longer.
- Season creamed corn to taste with salt and pepper.
- Transfer to bowl; sprinkle with remaining 1/4 cup of green onions and serve.