Recipe by Chansy
A guy brought this to work, and I hounded him until he gave me the recipe. So Good!!!
Top Review by seal angel
Excellent! Made some changes! Didn't have green chiles, so I used 1/4 cup left over chile verde. Half an onion, 4 cloves garlic, a stalk of celery. Instead of Northern beans I used pinto and 1/2 of leftover corn. At the end I chopped up 6 tortillas to thicken it up. At the very end I put some half and half. I think it made it so smooth. Very good! Topped with cheese and a dollop of sour cream.
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 8 -10 sliced jalapeno peppers, from the jar chopped less for heat (or more)
- 1 (4 ounce) canchopped green chili peppers
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
- 2 (14 1/2 ounce) cans chicken broth
- 3 cups chopped cooked chicken breasts
- 3 (15 ounce) cans white beans, navy beans are softer and make it thicker
- 1 cup shredded monterey jack cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Slowly cook and stir the onion until tender. Mix in the garlic, jalapeno, green chile peppers, cumin, oregano and cayenne. Continue to cook and stir the mixture until tender, about 3 minutes. Mix in the chicken broth, chicken and white beans. Bring to a boil. Turn down heat and simmer 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Remove the mixture from heat. Slowly stir in the cheese until melted. Serve warm. (I usually put the cheese into each bowl individually, not into the pot).